5-Hour Pre-Licensing Course - 2019 Schedule

5-Hour Pre-Licensing Course - 2019 Schedule
Posted on 02/26/2019

Update: The course offering for Saturday, March 2nd has been rescheduled for Saturday, March 16th.

The 5-Hour Pre-Licensing Course will be offered on the following dates in 2019:

  • January 12
  • February 9
  • March 2 Rescheduled: March 16
  • April 6
  • May 11
  • June 8
  • June 22

The fee is $25.00, payable in cash or money order, no personal checks (Money Order made payable to: Ellenville Central School).
Registration will be at 8:00 AM on the day of the class. (Registration Form [PDF])

Frequently Asked Questions

What kind of class is it?
This class is required by New York State before you can sign up for your road test. This class is the very last thing you must do before the road test.
What time is the class?
Class is from 9:00 AM to 2:30 PM with a half hour for lunch. Registration begins at 8:00 AM
What time do I have to be there ?
Registration begins at 8:00 AM. Space is limited and you may be locked out. It is a good idea to arrive early because there is additional registration that must be completed before class. You also need time to read the handouts that are pertinent to the class.
Does weather affect the class?
Yes, class will not be held if the weather is bad AND it will be held the following Saturday.
What is the cost of the course?
The cost is $25.00 payable in cash or money order only.
How long is the certificate valid?
At the end of the 5 hour class you will be issued a certificate for the New York State Pre-Licensing Course. The date on the certificate is the date the course was completed. The certificate will only be good one year from the date.
What do I do with the certificate?
Make a copy of it to keep in a safe place. Bring the original certificate with you when you go for your road test. To make a road test appointment, you will need the red number on the certificate that is in the upper right hand corner. You can call the Department of Motor Vehicle or go online to make an appointment for your road test.
If I lose my certificate, how do I get a duplicate?
A duplicate certificate is issued from the original school from whom it was issued. You must come in person to the school with your permit. You must sign for the duplicate certificate.
What can be done for my educational disability?
Let the instructor know and the instructor will work something out for your particular needs.
What can be done if I do not understand English?
You are welcome to bring someone who is able to translate for you.
What do I bring to class?
A pen, valid permit, lunch and the $25.00 fee (in cash or money order).
Is this class a movie course?
No! However there may be one or two short videos shown to enhance the material to be discussed.

Ulster County Department of Motor Vehicles

Department of Motor Vehicles Van is at the Town Hall, Canal Street in Ellenville
every Wednesday from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM

Orange County Department of Motor Vehicles

Sullivan County Department of Motor Vehicles

website: http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us